My mom and I have eaten our way through the Bay Area, and I am impressed with our efforts.
- Wednesday: Mom lands, and we hit a neighborhood joint for some light Mediterranean food and white wine.
- Thursday: Bar Crudo dinner, including oysters, chowder, mussels, uni, tacos, lots of wine, and a mighty fine cheese plate.
- Friday: Greens for lunch. Hayes Valley stroll: wine and deviled eggs at Two Sisters, wine and a cheese plate at Arlequin, dinner at Bar Jules.
- Saturday: gardening the whole dang day. Grilled sausages and ate them on rolls with garlicky kale for dinner.
- Sunday: Napa Valley wine train! Ribs, slaw, creme brulee, and wine out the wazoo.
Tonight we’re doing a bit more yardwork, then grilling again before my mom’s flight. As a mother’s day gift I got her upgraded to first class! I can’t wait to see how she likes it.